Sunday, September 28, 2008

So far...

Wow, this place is amazing!

I'm here in St. Kitts at Ross University School of Medicine and I can barely study. It's gorgeous here and the quote of the island is "live de life" with basically a Bob Marley-esque dude pictured next to it. There are beaches everywhere, the beer is cheap, and it's never below 70 degrees.

Things I've done so far:
-Swam in the Atlantic Ocean
-Swam in the Caribbean Ocean
-Snorkeled in the Caribbean
-Been on a catamaran trip
-Dissected a dog
-Studied on the beach (once with a professor)
-Played beach volleyball weekly
-Played soccer
-Joined a rugby group
-Bought meat out of a van
-Almost got in a fight with a british guy (his fault, not mine)
-Spooned!
-Got "rooted" by a giant 700lb pig
-Got lost on a hike and waited in some random town on the wrong side of the island
-Failed a test, then 5 minutes later, didn't
-Dissected(ing) a dog we named Chubs
-Jumped on a floating trampoline at the Marriott resort
-Talked my way around getting caught at the Marriott (students aren't allowed)
-Had a Mudslide at 10:50am on a Monday (I don't always have class on Mondays)
-Changed 3 tires on the same car in a hours time (but only 2 were popped)
-Had a delicious, but ghetto-ly made, angel food cake on my B-Day

That's about all I can think of right now. But as you can see it's exciting and I've only been here a month or so. I'll keep updating this if I feel like it's working for my cause as to update everyone that I can't reach by phone/laptop.

No comments: